It’s almost here. Close and getting closer! (Even if it doesn’t feel like it outside.)
We’re talking SPRING, and the arrival of Spring classes at The Art League. Are you signed up yet?
Classes start the week of April 2 and meet once a week for (typically) nine weeks.
Why take an Art League class?
Do it for the art. Classes here are for personal enrichment, not a degree. Your classmates will be people of all ages and careers who come together once a week to do something a little different.
Do it for the challenge. Just because anyone can take an art class doesn’t mean it’s easy. A good class will challenge you to think in new ways, to use your creativity differently, and to do difficult things. Some of our instructors even assign homework.
- Intermediate Drawing with Tania Karpowitz: This class is the next step if you’ve taken Basic Drawing and want to go more complex. Tania Karpowitz teaches it on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings.
- Beginning Figure Drawing with Lisa Semerad: This is where to come if you want to learn to draw the human form.
- Expressive Figure Drawing with Susan O’Neill: A different, more active and spontaneous approach to figure drawing, taught on Tuesday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
- Watercolor From Start to Finish with Joey Mánlapaz: Our introductory watercolor class.
- Portrait and Figure Painting with Kurt Schwarz: Learn to capture a likeness and the vitality of the human body.
- Still Life in Oil with Kurt Schwarz: Hone your skills while you learn wet-in-wet painting and how to block in values (below).
- Intro to Photography with Evan McGurrin: The fundamentals class in photography. Learn how to use your camera and how to see like a photographer!
- Clay Sculpture for Teens with Joseph Noorigan: Students learn anatomy, proportion, and structure while working in clay.
- Basic Drawing with Patrick Kirwin and Tania Karpowitz: The best class to take as your first class — this is where it all begins. Kirwin teaches Tuesday evenings and Wednesday evenings and Karpowitz teaches Tuesday afternoons.
March workshops continue
And next week, those looking to take the next step in their painting career should check out Taking the Bull by the Horns: Creating a Body of Work with Diane Tesler.
See our Art Classes FAQ or feel free to contact us:
Permalink to this blog post: Snag a Spot in One of These Spring Art Classes
Powered by WPeMatico